What's Inside

Thursday, January 09, 2014

Star X Star Q&A: Stars asked and Jung Yong Hwa answered


CNBLUE’s Jung Yong-hwa is an idol star standing out both as a singer and as an actor. Jung Yong-hwa actually debuted as an actor not as a singer. 
In 2009, Jung Yong-hwa made himself known to the public in SBS’s drama series ‘You Are Beautiful and drew attention as ‘Towel Guy. As soon as he debuted as CNBLUE, their songs ‘I’m a Loner and ‘Love’ made a big success. He appeared on variety shows such as MBC’s ‘We Got Married, SBS’s ‘Every Night, and SBS’s ‘Running Man’. He made a regular appearance on variety shows and, particularly, he was a guest who appeared on ‘Running Man’ most frequently.

Jung Yong-hwa quickly emerged as a top star both as a singer and as an actor without days of anonymity. He had excellent singing and acting abilities true to his reputation. As CNBLUE’s leader and main vocalist, he is good at song and lyrics writing. Most of songs in the album are his self-written songs. MBC’s drama series ‘You've Fallen for Me’ where Jung Yong-hwa appeared in 2011 had a low viewership rating, but he showed a potential as a man actor. Currently, Jung Yong-hwa is playing Park Se-ju, the undercover boss and the VJ of a TV Network in KBS2’s drama series ‘Marry Him If You Dare’. He is acting with Yoon Eun-hye and Lee Dong-gun. As Jung Yong-hwa has been active in many different areas, the questions of stars were diverse.  



After School’s Uee and Jung Yong-hwa worked together in variety shows and dramas. They have in common in that they appeared in a modern drama for the first time through SBS’s ‘You Are Beautiful’. They served as supporting hosts together of SBS’s variety show ‘Every Night’. Uee is busy preparing for MBC’s drama series ‘Golden Rainbow’ to premiere on November 2.

Actress Yoon Eun-hye is the main actress of KBS2’s ‘Marry Him If You Dare’! Jung Yong-hwa plays the rich man Park Se-ju, who approaches Na Mi-rae (Yoon Eun-hye) that he was smitten by at first sight in Jeju Island without revealing his real identity.



  
The girl group AOA, who released their new song ‘Confused on October, met Jung Yong-hwa in person for the interview. As co-workers of the same agency, they support each other. AOA asked Jung Yong-hwa boldly and cutely.


Jung Yong-hwa drew attention with his face that looks alike with that of actor Jung Kyung-ho. Due to the similar appearance and the same last name, there was a rumor that they were brothers. IN addition, in 2007 when Jung Yong-hwa topped an online handsome guy contest as a high school third grader, he drew attention with the face looking like that of Jung Kyung-ho. Jung Kyung-ho is busy promoting the movie ‘Rollercoaster’ released on October 17.

Q. I heard a lot that you and I look alike. More specifically, Jung Yong-hwa looks like me, not I look like Jung Yong-hwa, because I am the older one (laugher)! I saw you in person a couple of times. We did not look similar. And Jung Yong-hwa is much more handsome (Why don’t we have a drink some time?)

Jung Yong-hwa: Sure, only if you call me (Where do you want me to wait for you?). I also get that a lot. I want to say sorry to you. You are gorgeous!  
Jung Yong-hwa had appeared in KBS2’s ‘VJ Commando’ in 2006 before he debuted. At that time, Jung Yong-hwa appeared as an audition applicant and introduced himself as a person who dreams of being ‘another Lee Joon-gi’  Actor Lee Joon-gi and Jung Yong-hwa have in common in that they appeared in dramas written by the sisters Hong Jeong-eun and Hong Mi-ran. Lee Joon-gi, in SBS’s ‘My Girl, and, Jung Yong-hwa, in SBS’s ‘You Are Beautiful’, became a star after playing a character who firmly stands by the main female character.

Q. You are good at singing, guitar-playing, and even acting. How can you be so versatile? Please share your secret.
Jung Yong-hwa: Well, I want to do all of them really well. Please teach me!
2AM’s Cho Kwon and Jung Yong-hwa became friends through a variety show. They appeared in MBC’s ‘We Got Married as a couple with Ga-in from Brown Eyed Girls and Seo-hyun from GIRLS’ GENERATION, respectively. After that, they served as the hosts together of SBS’s ‘The Music Trend’ for a year.

Q. Jung Yong-hwa is very versatile! Which one do you want to choose between a singer and an actor if you have to?

Jung Yong-hwa: If I need to pick one, it is a singer. If many people want me to see on TV as an actor, too, I want to do both of them.  

Q. I am enjoying watching ‘Marry Him If You Dare’. If you can go to the future, what year do you want to be in? Why?

Jung Yong-hwa: Hum. I like being in the present. If I have to, well, I really don’t want to go to the future! I am really happy now. I am doing the music I like as CNBLUE while enjoying filming ‘Marry Him If You Dare’ as Park Se-ju.
Actress Kim Yun-hye, who worked under the stage name Woori, played the perfect high school girl Cha Na-ra in KBS’s sitcom ‘I Need a Fairy and Kae-geum’s first love Yun Seo-yeong in tvN’s drama series ‘Flower Boys Next Door. She were with Jung Yong-hwa in MBC’s ‘You’ve Fallen for Me’.

Q. I enjoy watching ‘Marry Him If You Dare’! You must be very busy and tired due to the filming of the drama. Do you have your own way of taking care of your health or relieving stress?

Jung Yong-hwa: Sleeping in your spare time is the best. By the way, how are you doing, Yun-hye? I am sad that I could not see you since 'You’ve Fallen for Me’.


Q. You play a man who has everything in ‘Marry Him If You Dare’. If Se-ju can choose the personality, face, and body of his spouse, what would be Se-ju’s choice? (Please be specific!)

Jung Yong-hwa: This is a challenging question... In fact, the personality matters most to me. It would be perfect if she has the personality, face, and body Yoon Eun-hye. 
  
Q. ‘Marry Him If You Dare’ is your third project. What roles do you want to play?

Jung Yong-hwa: I want to do anything. Anything would be fun.
  
Actress Go Doo-shim and Jung Yong-hwa are a grandmother and a grandson in ‘Marry Him If You Dare’. In fact, the actress says that she did not know who Jung Yong-hwa was before meeting him through ‘Marry Him If You Dare’. In the press briefing of ‘Marry Him If You Dare’, she said, “I heard from others that he was a very famous person.” She said that they had fun filming scenes together as if they had known each other for years.

Q. This is my first time to work with you, but I feel familiar with you. I like that. You were very attractive as a singer, too. What is the difference between acting and singing? And I heard that you are enjoying an amazing popularity in Southeast Asia. Is it true?

Jung Yong-hwa: I think that you made me feel comfortable from the beginning. Thank you! As a singer, it is the biggest charm to see responses from audience immediately as I sing or move for about two hours. As an actor, it is very tempting to live a life of another person. Regarding Southeast Asia.., how do I mention the popularity by myself? Thank you for always treating me kind.  

Actor Lee Dong-gun and Jung Yong-hwa are friends from the same agency. They are appearing in the same drama ‘Marry Him If You Dare’. In addition, Lee Dong-gun and Jung Yong-hwa have a similar face. They have a special relation!

Q. Park Se-ju is a man of a twist. What is your twist?

Jung Yong-hwa: My twist? I laugh and talk a lot among people, but I like being alone quietly with aroma candles on at home.  

Q. We are enjoying watching ‘Marry Him If You Dare’ as well. Your character Park Se-ju seemed to be confused to see Na Mi-rae (Yoon Eun-hye) at first sight. Have you recently had a similar experience?

Jung Yong-hwa: Well, I am confused to see AOA (laughter)? I am enjoying watching AOA performing on stage.  At our agency’s building, I took a picture in a sofa, which was used for AOA’s ‘Sofa Dance’. I do not have any experience that you asked about.

Jung Yong-hwa, who were successful both in singing and acting, received questions from stars on his activities as a singer and as an actor. They were interested in the drama series ‘Marry Him If You Dare’. Most of the stars said words of support to him. Jung Yong-hwa responded with his own short but humble answers, which revealed his key to success. The secret was his positive energy where he makes consistent efforts and enjoys his work. We look forward to his future as CNBLUE and as an actor.



Credit : STARCAST

No comments:

Post a Comment